Vintage Memories of Mine

Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Old Pump


Today's vintage memory is another auction find. There was something about this old pump that brought back wonderful memories of my grandparents. Maybe it was because they had one in their back yard and I remember my other cousins and I pumping water from it each time we all got together at Grandpa and Grandma's. (I'm sure our parents had no idea we were doing this!) While this one isn't in the best shape and some parts are missing, it's still a great old piece. It's now firmly planted in one of our flower gardens. Each year I hang an old coal bucket from the spout and fill it with flowers. I can't walk by it without wanting to pump the old handle just to see if I can get water to come out of it just like my grandparents used to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home