Vintage Memories of Mine

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

HELP, Please!!!!!


On today's vintage piece I could use a little help.~~~I'm not sure what it is! This little piece measures 14'X36". My first thought is that it is a table runner and that's how it was sold to me. In looking at it and feeling it, I'm beginning to wonder if it's not a "fancy" tea-towel. The material is kind of coarse feeling (Almost feels like an old feed sack!) and each end is embroidered in the same pattern...Reddish/maroon flowers with blue bows. If anyone has an idea what it actually is, I would appreciate you letting me know. I bought it for re-sale in my shop and would hate to advertise it has a table runner and then have someone tell me it's a tea-towel! HA

2 Comments:

At 7:35 AM, Blogger Aunt Jenny said...

My guess is tea towell...cute!!

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Reflection Through The Seasons said...

I think you are right, its a tea towell. I have some beautiful Victorian ones, edged with hand made lace. I keep one folded at the end of my butcher's block, purely for decoration, its too gorgeous just to dry dishes on. Marion

 

Post a Comment

<< Home